About the role
Job Title: Senior Logistic Expert
Location: Juba, South Sudan
Start date: 1st September 2022
End date: 31st March 2023*
LOE (#days): FTE
*Subject to review
Crown Agents is preparing to bid for the anticipated UNICEF-supported RFP for the “Implementation of National Vaccine Campaigns in South Sudan” and is currently seeking a Team Leader/EPI Technical Specialist who will provide strategic, technical, and managerial oversight of the programme.
The Covid-19 vaccines are deployed through 735 fixed health facilities, 251 mobile teams, 470 outreach teams, and Covid-19 intensification activities separately supported by Ministry of Health partners.
Despite progress, change is slow and a move from business as usual to new strategies is needed to move the country closer to its targets of having 40% coverage in the short term and eventually meeting the long-term target of 70% coverage of fully immunised eligible people. To do this, two national campaigns (one in September and one in January 2023) are being planned to cover the 77 counties and 3 administrative states.
Based from the Crown Agent’s South Sudan office in Juba, the Logistics Expert will provide technical expertise and support in the rollout of the national Covid-19 campaign in South Sudan. He/she will work closely with key stakeholders, including State Ministries of Health/County Health Departments and other partners to ensure a coordinated and synchronised logistic approach, while also building capacity within the Ministry of Health. He/she will ensure that the relevant programme deliverables are met on time and on budget. He/she will report into the Team Leader.
Specific responsibilities of the Logistics Expert Include:
- Provide technical support to the Ministry of Health and Implementing Partners to roll out the national Covid-19 vaccine campaign in November, March and April, with a key focus on coordinating and strengthening elements of last mile cold chain logistics to vaccination sites.
- Ensure that vaccine stocks are available across all health facilities and Covid-19 vaccine sites during the campaign, and troubleshoot blockages.
- Support Covid-19 vaccine demand forecasting to ensure the availability, reliability and cost-effective functioning of cold chain equipment, both for vaccine storage and transportation.
- Support the implementation of supply chain SOPs, training material, manuals, guidelines, etc.
- Conduct training of trainers and on the job training for frontline vaccination workers, health facility staff and warehouse and other supply chain managers and workers where appropriate.
- Facilitate knowledge exchange to help introduce successful solutions and innovations, and develop capacity of Government officials and health care workers in Covid-19 campaign supply chain management.
- If required, help ensure that data entry is being done regularly from the first to the last mile.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- University Degree at an advanced level in Supply Chain, Logistics or related field
- A minimum of 10 years relevant working experience. Preferred direct experience working on Covid-19 vaccination efforts and/ or immunisation campaigns
- Excellent people management skills, managing and coordinating teams based in multiple locations.
- Strong interpersonal skills, diplomacy and tact to effectively communicate with senior-level officials, multiple stakeholders and professionals from diverse cultural and professional backgrounds.
- Strong professional oral communication and writing skills including the development of reports, oral presentations, and technical/persuasive documents.
- Preferred experience working in South Sudan on immunisation programmes
- National candidates are encouraged to apply
You’ll be working with Crown Agents which is a high impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive economic growth. Our expertise is finding new solutions to difficult problems for clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, humanitarian action and supply chain services. We work with and train leaders at local, national and international level to achieve lasting change drawing on our insight and experience.
About what’s on offer
Crown Agents offers a competitive benefits package.
How to apply