ALIMA in SUDAN:
ALIMA has been present in Sudan because 2021 with assignments in South Kordofan and Khartoum states responding to urgent overall health and nutrition wants of populations impacted by conflict and the COVID-19 pandemic. In 2023, ALIMA strategies to open a new project in North Darfur and broaden the ongoing job in South Kordofan, based on the availability of donor funds.
The coordination workforce, such as the Logistics Coordinator, is centered in Khartoum with quite a few movements to the industry in order to assist the job crew and ensure sleek functions on the ground. In addition to this guidance, the coordination will be responsible to analyze and suggest new functions, renew and update the legal and administrative framework, and strengthen relations with Federal and state authorities, MoH, and companions (UN, INGOs, NGOs, and Donors) in the country.
ALIMA executed two exploratory missions in Khartoum in May well 2021 and a person in South Kordofan in August 2021 which led to the opening of two assignments and a subsequent exploratory mission in North Darfur in October 2022:
- In August 2021, ALIMA introduced a venture supporting the Omdurman Isolation Center in the funds Khartoum in collaboration with the Sudanese Federal Ministry of Health. ALIMA teams facilitated the administration of COVID-19 conditions in the centre as a result of human methods support and teaching, as well as offering clinical provides (medicines and equipment). In February 2022, ALIMA labored to raise entry to medical oxygen by setting up a PSA (Stress Swing Adsorption) Oxygen Plant at the Al Shaab Medical center, a 350-bed professional referral healthcare facility for cardiac and respiratory ailments in Khartoum which also is designated as a referral COVID-19 Treatment method Middle for serious circumstances. The new PSA Oxygen Plant provides typical wards and the working theater immediate obtain to oxygen. MoH employees have been trained in Oxygen Treatment for ideal circumstance management and on preventive and curative servicing of critical biomedical devices.
- In November 2021 ALIMA introduced pursuits to help extensive crisis obstetrics and new child care in the Maternity Department of the Kadugli Educating Medical center in South Kordofan. In 2022, ALIMA enhanced its protection of wellness and nourishment needs in the region with supplemental assist for principal health care companies at two general public overall health centers and three mobile clinics in the Kadugli and Reif Arshargi localities. Subsequently, ALIMA further increased its actions supporting inpatient treatment method in the Maternity and Paediatric wards. In January 2023, ALIMA carried out a fast reaction to the inflow of in excess of 6,500 people today newly displaced by conflict in Al Lagawa (West Kordofan) collected at the Kadugli Bus Station Internally Displaced People (IDP) Camp.
In 2023, ALIMA will carry on its actions in South Kordofan with supplemental nourishment routines for the cure of Critical Acute Malnutrition (SAM) and open up a new venture in North Darfur to assistance main healthcare facilities in two IDP Camps and a diet Stabilization Centre.
The major pursuits to appear will consist of:
In the limited term:
- Attain the needed customs clearance and tax exemptions for the importation of international health-related order
- Help the opening of a new challenge base in El Fasher, North Darfur: Discover, assess, and the rental of an business and guesthouse, framework agreements with vendors for automobiles, gasoline, etc.
- Coordinate the procurement and transportation of crucial supplies and machines for the commence of new task routines in South Kordofan and North Darfur
- Recruit the essential logistics staff to put into action venture actions.
In the mid-to-extensive phrase:
- Build the capability of logistics staff members in the mission and enhance ALIMA’s policies and methods
- Make sure near follow up and servicing of ALIMA’s property, gear, and services
- Liaise with other humanitarian partners, UN organizations, and local and nationwide authorities for the coordinated shipping of humanitarian support to beneficiaries.
MISSION Place: Khartoum, Sudan, with frequent travels to the venture parts.
Useful AND HIERARCHICAL Links:
- He/she reports to the Head of Mission-HoM (line supervisor).
- He/she refers technically to the Logistics Desk Referent.
- He/she is the referent for the Venture Logistics Managers and the mission logistics teams.
- He/she will work in close collaboration with the Coordinators (health care, logistics and assignments, and other workers).
Safety OF BENEFICIARIES AND Neighborhood Customers:
Stage 3: As portion of his/her duties, the incumbent will visit systems and arrive into get in touch with with youngsters and/or vulnerable grownups. As a result, a felony file look at or a certificate of very good character will be necessary. In predicaments where by a criminal document look at or character reference is not obtainable, a assertion of fantastic character will be needed.
MISSION: The Logistics Coordinator should outline the goals and complex orientations of the mission, propose approaches reliable to assistance the healthcare and humanitarian desires of the locations of intervention and provide technological assistance to all the mission’s logistics groups.
Carry out THE OPERATIONAL LOGISTICS Technique
- Participate actively in the elaboration and update of job preparing, budgets proposals and any unexpected emergency functions, give assist in methods definition and supplying tips to the HoM in the translation of the recognized logistical / specialized desires into goals, priorities and means essential for the mission
- Build a mission procurement program in accordance with validation of expenses scale
- Liaise will all offer chain actors (governing administration authorities, non-public corporations, INGO associates and clusters) and insure procurement of Medicines NFI and many others in accordance with intercontinental and neighborhood laws. The two nationally and internationally.
Monitoring THE IMPLEMENTATION OF LOGISTICS Things to do AND Treatments
- Comply with up the routines and aid the mission in the distinct sectors, which involve logistics: development and rehabilitation, warehousing and supply of health-related and non-health care product, transport, communications, drinking water and sanitation, fleet and engines management, belongings handle, protection and reporting, and many others.
- Carry out and implement ALIMA harmonized validated methods and documentation. Strengthen controls and increase coaching on use
- Accountable to guarantee compliance of ALIMA benchmarks, protocols and strategies. His purpose requests to report to the HoM on the advancement of the ongoing applications and proposing reorientation tactics, with contribution and technical approval of the Logistics Desk Supervisor, when wanted.
Administration OF LOGISTICS Teams AND HR Insurance policies
- Liable for the proper application of HR policies and related processes (recruitment, capability creating (induction, coaching, teaching), briefing/debriefing and interior communication) in order to guarantee both the sizing and the sum of awareness necessary for the activities he/she is accountable for.
- Produce functions planning, motion strategies, appraisal & analysis for Logistics supervisors and other nationwide positions.
- Evaluate and adapt for that reason and well timed all employment description for the countrywide logistics staff members.
- Accountable for making certain technological reference, supporting logistics groups on all specialized concerns in the mission, and supplying basic pointers and expertise to programmes team to adhere to techniques. He has to believe their implementation.
Administration OF Belongings AND PREMISES Structures AND Equipment
- Checking and abide by up the registration, codification and tagging of all new belongings, procured or donated. Guarantee that all in use tools is recorded and tagged
- Set and supervise a standard bodily inventory of the assets list. Keep assets checklist up-to-date
- He is responsible for ensuring set up and upkeep of functional workplace space(s) and lodging amenities in an sufficient living ailment as very well as all the machines demanded
- Supervise the suitable use and servicing of IT (personal computers, computer software, backups, and many others.), office environment, conversation, transportation and vitality equipment
- Think and increase reviews on belongings for just about every donor as references for audit and command. Move forward to enquiries/investigations in case of damages or dropped on any asset for reporting.
Checking OF Stability AND Threats Management
- Elaborate, outline and check specialized factors of the hazard reduction coverage, transportation, conversation, protection, identification and preparation of the technological factors of the mission security plan and recommendations, evacuation plan and contingency approach, accomplishing day- to day monitoring safety policies observation and reporting of any issue to the HoM
- Produce an suitable environment to facilitate trade of details on stability predicaments and will be the stability again up in the absence of the HoM
- Establish equipment to proceed to elaborate a hazard analysis report and update the distinctive SOP’s (foundation, coordination and mission)
- Gather and compile all handy and correct information from his community then to share timely in the mission or with focused team
- He has to establish great conversation means in the Mission (together with numbers & frequencies), allowing lasting interaction between funds, assignments, bases and HQ
- Procure to all personnel in the Mission added benefits a welcome briefing on protection SOP’s and from correct schooling on some topics like on how to use communications products (e.g. satellite phones, HF/VHF radios, pcs, and many others.)
- Take care of plannings of trainings with companies in charge of protection and stability this sort of as INSO or UNDSS
- The job of the logistics coordinator is to be certain the setup of protection actions and their software by all ALIMA workers in the mission.
Settings AND Improvement OF REPORTING
- Analyze month-to-month projects reviews, reviews and ship comments to all logistics administrators ahead of consolidation of the month to month mission report
- Provide, on weekly or monthly bases, reporting on routines from jobs/mission evolution on the technological/logistics viewpoint and suggest corrections if essential. Seek the advice of the logistics referent in scenario of amendment
- Boost contents of report, watch intently outcomes of procurement abide by up, stocks administration and price, fuel consumptions and motion points
- Part and obligation to assure top quality of reporting, exchanges and sharing of reliable details and data.
- Represent ALIMA in conferences with Authorities and other NGOs for complex/logistics or safety associated challenges.
- Acting HoM for all difficulties when he is assigned as his agent in his absence
Implementation of preventive measures from abuse of energy, gender-centered and sexual violence:
- Assures that his/her team, partners, and neighborhood customers are informed of ALIMA’s coverage and have obtain to information and facts (complaint reporting mechanism, focal level, etc.)
- Facilitates the firm of teaching and consciousness sessions
- Implements benchmarks for the avoidance of abuse of ability, gender-primarily based violence, and sexual violence
- Assures that the customers of his/her team and people of the companions concerned in the venture (Ministry of Overall health, nationwide partners, and so forth.) observe the education and recognition sessions and apply the guidelines of abuse avoidance
- Contributes to producing and preserving a nurturing and protecting ecosystem for the staff, community customers, and associates involved in the task.
This career description is not exhaustive and may perhaps be modified as the mission evolves.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Essential, Degree/diploma: Diploma and specialization in Humanitarian Logistics
- Least of 2 several years of demonstrable relevant logistics practical experience.
- Health-related logistics awareness (biomed devices, clean, etc..) is an asset
- Performing encounter at management positions is critical.
- Performing experience with Global health-related NGO, an asset.
- Practical experience in emergency and degraded safety contexts strongly preferred
- Computer competencies, like advanced amount of Excel and GSuite
Qualities of the applicant
- Great organizational expertise: The prospect should be capable to handle multiple responsibilities and tasks concurrently, prioritize duties, and be certain that all logistics functions are executed proficiently and successfully.
- Sturdy challenge-resolving skills: The logistics coordinator will have to be capable to anticipate and answer to problems and create impressive options to complicated troubles in a rapid-paced and dynamic ecosystem.
- Productive interaction capabilities: A logistics coordinator should have excellent conversation competencies to liaise with interior and external stakeholders, like team members, associates, suppliers, and beneficiaries. Productive communication is vital for the prosperous coordination of logistics operations.
- Overall flexibility and adaptability: A logistics coordinator have to be capable to do the job in unpredictable and demanding environments, usually with constrained assets and underneath limited deadlines. They have to be adaptable and adaptable in their tactic to get over unexpected obstacles and modify to altering conditions.
- Complex expertise: The logistics coordinator will have to have technical knowledge in logistics and supply chain administration, such as procurement, transportation, warehousing, and stock administration. They need to be familiar with pertinent legislation and regulations and possess information of finest tactics in logistics for humanitarian help functions.
Fluency in English (oral and prepared) necessary
Fluency in Arabic or French is an asset.
Deal expression: 6 months renewable
Preferred start day: Might 2023
Income: Dependent on encounter + Perdiem
ALIMA pays for:
- Travel costs involving the expatriate’s state of origin and the mission spot
- Accommodation fees
- Healthcare protect from the very first working day of the deal to a thirty day period just after the date of departure from the mission state for the personnel and their dependents
- Evacuation of the staff
How to utilize
To implement, be sure to deliver your CV and protect letter to our web site to the tackle https://hr.alima.ngo/positions/element/9788?utm_marketing campaign=Campagne+d%27offres+&utm_medium=Web site&utm_supply=aid+world wide web.
Applications are processed in the order in which they are acquired. ALIMA reserves the appropriate to shut the present ahead of the preliminary deadline if an application is acknowledged. Only finish programs (CV in PDF format + include letter in PDF format) will be deemed.
Feminine candidates are strongly encouraged to utilize.