For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
Médecins du Monde has been operating in Ethiopia since 1986 in different types of health projects from long-term interventions to emergency response.
In Tigray, the region has only started to recover from a devastating armed conflict between TPLF and the federal army that left millions of people traumatized and in desperate need of humanitarian assistance. MdM is opening a new EU funded project in consortium with an Ethiopian partner to address war traumas and provide primary healthcare and nutrition services to the population in east Tigray.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Based in Addis with regular movements to the field, you will launch the setup of the new MdM project in Tigray.
Under the direct responsibility of the field coordinator and with the support of the logistics coordinator based in Addis Ababa, you will design, organize and manage logistics flows for the opening. You will perform technical monitoring in relation to the needs of operational staff, while complying with the procedures. You will manage the logistics team.
Your main responsibilities are the following:
- Recruit, train, manage, and lead the logistics team
- Plan and monitor their activities
Planning and follow-up of activities
- Define the objectives and action plan of the logistics department
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure smooth collaboration
- Develop and monitor budgets allocated to the department
- Establish and monitor logistics management indicators
- Control conformity of processes, adapt and validate new processes and procedures
- Monitor logistics products and services
- Prepare activity reports and ensure that statistical data is regularly updated
- Inform the line manager and/or technical adviser of any information that might have an impact on security
Supplies and stocks management
- Organize the supply chain system
- Perform purchases according to activities
- Ensure that administrative procedures related to supply are implemented
- Liaise with the logistics cluster to ensure the transport of purchased goods
- Provide logistical support to medical staffs
- Ensure that food for nutritional activities is stored and distributed
- Ensure that inventory is done and that all stock cards are updated
- Set up vehicle rental contracts
- Train the field logistics manager in the organization of movements and use of monitoring tools
- Supervise the management of the vehicle fleet
- Ensure that all MdM vehicles are provided with the necessary functional safety equipment
Equipment and premises
- Ensure the maintenance and the safety of all MdM equipments and properties
- Keep the records of MdM equipment and identification material
- Contract maintenance suppliers for needed equipment
- File and conserve documents of the logistics department
- Ensure that communication means within the project have the required level and quality and that all staff has a permanent access to communication
- Ensure proper training on how to use communications equipment
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status : Employee
Contract : Fixed-term contract
Duration : 3 months
Starting date: as soon as possible
Gross monthly salary: 2822 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments – minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 recovery days per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (2.5 days teleworking on average per week) with a minimum of 1 day per week onsite
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
As part of our measures to combat money laundering and financing of terrorism, any selected candidate may be subject to a background check on international sanctions lists (UN, the EU, France, the United States…). This information is handled confidentially and stored on a secure server. For more information on the processing of personal data throughout this process: http://bit.ly/3CSTDYO
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
At least 2 years of experience with a similar position
Experience in an international NGO
Experience of working in African context especially in Ethiopian would be an asset
Independence, ability to take the initiative and of responsibility
Ability to work under stressful situation
Good analysis, objective, able to take a step back and analyse
Communication and listening skills
Capacity to delegate, to supervise and coach
Strong problem solving and organisational skills in day to day and crisis situations
Ability to plan, organise and meet deadlines
Adaptability to changing priorities
Proficient in the use of MS Office
Languages : Fluent English (written and spoken) mandatory. French, Amharic or Tigrinya are an asset.
You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
How to apply
To apply, click on the following link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JqCvRCCd?idpartenaire=128