Job DESCRIPTION/SCOPE OF Perform
Placement Title: Laboratory and Logistics Advisor
Spot: Edo, Nigeria
This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the solutions to be furnished by the State Laboratory and Logistics Advisor to SAII Associates Ltd / Gte, an affiliate company of Chemonics Global Inc. in the implementation of the USAID International Overall health Provide Chain – Procurement and Offer Management (GHSC-PSM) in Nigeria.
History: The reason of the USAID International Well being Offer Chain Program–Procurement and Source Administration single award IDIQ agreement is to assure uninterrupted materials of wellbeing commodities to avoid struggling, save life, and develop a brighter upcoming for families around the world. The IDIQ has a few undertaking orders that directly aid the U.S. President’s Crisis Plan for AIDS Reduction (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family members setting up and reproductive overall health system. GHSC-PSM supplies overall health commodity procurement expert services and systems strengthening technical assistance that tackle all components of a detailed offer chain. All the a few undertaking orders are implemented in Nigeria.
The task also supports the UNAIDS 95-95-95 initiative adopted by USG PEPFAR, Federal Ministry of Well being and Global Fund. A important portion of achieving this goal is ensuring the best functioning potential of many and strategically put diagnostic and treatment method monitoring products throughout well being amenities in the country with the purpose of applying a standardized and charge-successful sample transportation and benefits delivery design. lessen turnaround time (TAT) for benefits shipping, decrease patient loss to follow up and strengthen early initiation of therapy for TB and HIV sufferers.
Principal Duties and Duties
- The Laboratory and Logistics Advisor will coordinate the implementation of the integrated sample transportation and results supply network across the distinct point out.
- Serve as a specialized source for the implementation and administration of the Nationwide Integrated Sample Referral Network (NISRN) procedures, goals and plans
- Make sure samples are gathered from all selected wellness facilities/ hub web pages and transported to the Regional PCR laboratory
- Assure SOPs, Laboratory manuals, recommendations and forms are offered and are appropriately utilized at health and fitness facilities, sample processing and storage hub, referral and screening laboratories
- Periodically have out spot checks on 3PLs transportation services and cooling units to ensure compliance with typical need
- Diligent record keeping of managed-sellers (3PLs) for samples actions and consequence retrieval again to the requesting support shipping and delivery points
- Have out bi-weekly samples and benefits audits to ensure all samples are examined and final results/reports produced are delivered to the requesting facility/hubs/Implementing Associates
- Month to month, look at submitted data from 3PLs with individuals of PCR web-sites as justification for payment.
- Collaborate with Logistics Advisors in the State/Regions for efficient management of the NISRN system
- Collate states and regional NiSRN studies, evaluate and give weekly and regular summary of samples transfer and end result returns
- Sustain lover associations and coordination among stakeholders ensure higher high-quality and well timed delivery of all contractual and programmatic obligations
- The Point out Laboratory and Logistics Advisor will perform intently with all implementing companions functioning in the area
Other Tasks Incorporate:
- When requested by the Regional Director, attend complex meetings and symbolize the challenge in USAID Associates and MOH routines, liaising with companions and stakeholders at the regional and state ranges
- Assist the implementation of targeted schooling and potential building programs to boost laboratory management, use of facts and electronic information techniques, excellent assurance, and accountability at the facility, point out, regional, and central degrees revise systems based mostly on a course of action of continual analysis
- Support the progress of specialized manuals, suggestions, and common working procedures for sample decide up and final result shipping
- Support the structure, progress and implementation of logistics units for Lab commodities in the various PCR Platforms
- Present specialized guidance in the implementation of procedure strengthening initiatives and pilots, including the continued national roll-out of a internet-primarily based LMIS, for Offer Chain strengthening
- When asked for and less than the course of the Regional Director, provide oversight and course for sub-contractors supporting implementation of NIRSN actions in the Condition/Area
- Doc and monitor lessons acquired to guidance roll-out of health and fitness and logistics units.
- Other obligations as expected by leadership
- Awareness of Nigeria’s overall health sector landscape and a community of contacts in the Point out Ministry of Wellness and PEPFAR/Worldwide Fund employing associates
- Means to supply technological help to make sure that functions are created and implemented with significant top quality and meet job timelines
- Capability to mentor and establish capacity of wellbeing treatment suppliers on the implementation of the NISRN method
- Capacity to supply suggestions for advancement and Optimization of the NISRN strategy
- Strong problem fixing and analytical skills, as very well as program troubleshooting
- Excellence in interaction, presentation and specialized writing competencies
- Excellent interpersonal abilities and a staff player
- Means to do the job beneath force and with small supervision
- Bachelor’s diploma in professional medical laboratory science, general public overall health, logistics management, or its equal. Added Master’s Degree in pertinent region will be an edge
- Bare minimum of 5 years’ professional practical experience in Laboratory Logistics Management/Clinical Sample Management
- Registered with the expert regulatory federal government agency
- Unique skills in HIV/AIDS, TB or Malaria applications.
- Strong analytical, trouble fixing and fantastic technological producing and oral presentation competencies are remarkably ideal.
- Expertise of Polymerase Chain Response devices for viral load, Early Infants’ Diagnosis, and GeneXpert machine is attractive
- Skill to use Microsoft office environment suite packages (Excel, Phrase, PowerPoint).
- Present eager interest in understanding, flip on position ordeals into investigate content for Publications or Meeting papers and mentor and Interns
The Laboratory and Logistics Advisor will report directly to the Regional Director, Area 2 for operational matters and Director Laboratory & Logistics Plan or his designee for technical problems.
Functioning Circumstances/Duration of Assignment
This is a lengthy-time period position for the lifetime of the agreement primarily based in Edo Condition, Nigeria.
How to apply
Capable Applicants must click on the link down below to check out the JD/scope of do the job and implement:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.